Duplicate

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Thu Apr 22 16:57:33 EDT 2010

I've run into a strange problem that I originally thought was my IMAP
client (Thuderbird) which turns out to be something with my cyrus
setup.   I deleted the account and re-configured it to be sure.

I have a duplicate Drafts folder that appears in ~/Drafts and
~/Mail/Drafts (or should that be ~INBOX/Drafts).

One is empty, the other (INBOX/Drafts) has my actual content.  I can no
longer store drafts to the folder because of this.

I've a feeling I need to rebuild something.  Recursively rebuilding the
mailboxes did not help.   I renamed the original INBOX/Drafts folder and
the errant folder "Drafts" still exists and I get Permission denied when
I try to save.  I'm unable to drag-and-drop items to it.

It's very puzzling, and I'm sure I've overlooked something (probably
very simple).

Could someone help me with a few pointers, etc.

The version of my server is appended below.

Thanks....

name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.3.16-Invoca-RPM-2.3.16-1 2009/12/21 13:09:10
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5
environment: Built w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.22
              Running w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.22
              Built w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September
19, 2009)
              Running w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29:
(September 19, 2009)
              Built w/OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008
              Running w/OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008
              Built w/zlib 1.2.3
              Running w/zlib 1.2.3
              CMU Sieve 2.3
              TCP Wrappers