cyrus replication - ipurge cleared old mail on master but not on slave

Edward Prendergast info at madduck.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 10:02:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

I used ipurge to clear out all old Trash mail from my user's mailboxes:

Where $user is username, and $host is hostname:
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ipurge -d 1 -X user/$user/Trash@$host

This worked OK, but the changes weren't replicated to slave. I tried
manually running:

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/sync_client -v -u 'user/$user@$host'

Ran this on a sample selection of mailboxes. Replication was happening
but the deletions weren't replicated.

I couldn't see a recursive option, and I was under the impression that
the -u switch includes

I was under the sync_client -u included deletions recursively? Am I wrong?

Should I:
1. Be using sync_client -m (mailbox mode) instead?
2. Run the ipurge on the slave as I did on the master?

Thanks,
Edward