how to debug what happens inside mailboxes

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Mon Apr 12 09:32:55 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:12:13AM -0300, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 04/12/2010 10:05 AM, Martin Kraus wrote:
> >Hello.
> >   I'm using cyrus 2.3.14 on a mailserver and a few users are complaining, that
> >sometimes a message gets deleted from the mailbox after reading it. They are
> >using some sort of outlook. Users are using imap to connect to their
> >mailboxes. Is there a way to debug imap communication between outlook and
> >cyrus imapd other then using tcpdump?
>
> Use telemetry:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/4kigyucxzlrn6lc6

That is exactly what I need. Thanks. Is there some sort of documentation for
such features in cyrus? I can't seem to find anything beyond basic setup and
what is in manual pages. Stuff like annotations (through which I managed to
delete 30GB of emails), global sieve skripts, snmp configuration etc?

thanks
mk