How to block a dictionary attack

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Mon Apr 12 01:55:18 EDT 2010

I am seeing this pattern now very often.
Every weekend someone tries to gain unauthorized access to the my imap
servers by trying random username / passwords

Yesterday by afternoon someone had tried half a million times on my
servers from 62.141.37.141. I have written to the abuse contact
address ... not that I expect any reply anyway

I would like to configure cyrus such a way that if there are 10 failed
logins from an ip address in 10 minutes and no successful logins just
block the IP address.  ( Or inject the ip into my firewall )

Is there something similar already available

Thanks
Ram