IOERROR fstating sieve

Nybbles2Byte nybbles2byte at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:54:10 EDT 2010

Hello Alexander,

I just wanted to confirm for anyone else wishing to remove these error messages that the simple solution is to:

su to cyrus
Change dir to the dir. you are going to put the file, in my case: cd /var/spool/mail/sieve/
Create a blank text file, I used "touch blank-filter.txt"
Create the byte code file: sievec blank-filter.txt blank-filter.bc
I then created a symlink: ln -s blank-filter.bc defaultbc

Once that is done anywhere you need defaultbc just symlink to the symlink you just created. This makes it very easy to change the default filter for all accounts from blank to something else if you ever wish to.

What I haven't figured out is how to automatically create the default file (or symlink in my case) when a mailbox is created but I can write some scripting for that which is the final step.

I'm wondering if there are some hooks for that or if I just have to write the code in the same place where I create the mailbox.

 Nybbles2Byte                            mailto:nybbles2byte at gmail.com