cyrus imap quota

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Apr 7 11:02:49 EDT 2010

> Simon Matter schrieb:

>> Yes that's possible but you should use Cyrus quota command instead which
>> can be done while Cyrus is up and running. And note that quota
>> information
>> can be stores in other database formats which will make the method above
>> unusable.
>>

> thx for answer. But i had to change over 5 thousend mailboxes. so its
> impossible to change this boxes step by step. Thats the reason, i asked
> for changing directly in the textfile. But you say thats impossible
> cause it can be stores in other database formats. Do i have another
> possibility?

Well, your server seems to use quota_legacy database backend which means
you can edit the file while Cyrus is stopped. I just said it is in fact
possible to change the used backend to something else - but that's not
your case.

But you still could do it with the quota command, just call it from a
script, no matter if it's bash, perl, php whatever. You may find some
examples in the list archives how others did it.

Simon