moving mailboxes to another spool without stopping service

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 6 10:06:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

--On 6. April 2010 15:54:20 +0200 LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have reached rapidly the size of one spool and we want to migrate some
> mailboxes to another spool. What is the best way to do that?
> It would be nice that ltmp reports a temporary failure when moving in
> order to keep the incoming mail in the smtp spool.

it does.

> And also a way to
> prevent the user from working on the moving data on the imap/pop side
> Is there a way to do that?

Just RENAME the folder. We run a cronjob at night that does this. It greps
in /var/lib/imap/proc to make sure there is no active process for the user
to be moved, but AFAIK that's not absolutely necessary.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.