cyrus + postfix + ldap

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Tue Apr 6 05:40:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 00:32:49 +0200, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
wrote:
> Am 05.04.2010 23:16, schrieb Joe Vieira:
>
>> in your imapd.conf
>>
>> #SASL set up
>> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN (if you use plain)
>
> Well, that does not make saslauthd magically use auth information from
> an LDAP directory.
>
> Diego, your OS should ship cyrus-sasl together with the documentation
> files. So you should have on your system a docs file called
> LDAP_SASLAUTHD. That one describes what you need to know to configure a
> proper saslauthd.conf for your environment.

I've been using this setup for a while, and a few weeks ago, I wrote
finally wrote it down

http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:cyrus:imapd
look for chapter "Cyrus SASL and OpenLDAP"

But, then, I realized cyrus-imapd could bind using SASL directly to the
LDAP directory without using saslauthd. I've been trying to make this setup
work but didn't succeed yet. (I need to spend more time on the LDAP
configuration side).

More information on SASL with OpenLDAP here:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/sasl.html

Julien