hide version string

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Mon Apr 5 21:39:39 EDT 2010

On 06/04/10 01:13 +0200, Marcus wrote:
>Hi,
>
>is there a configuration option to hide the version strings
>
> Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.13-Debian-2.2.13-14+lenny3
> Cyrus POP3 v2.2.13-Debian-2.2.13-14+lenny3
>
>of imapd and pop3d without changing the source or is the version string
>necessary for a working communication between client and server?

Version 2.3.11 introduced the 'serverinfo' option to control which
information gets displayed. I'm not aware of any way to control the
capabilities response in 2.2.x, other than finding an imap proxy that might
do it for you.

There's also the imap ID command to consider. If you want to hide the
version information from clients issuing ID, turn the 'imapidresponse'
option off, which is available in 2.2.x.

--
Dan White