sync_server and PLAIN mech...

Derek Chen-Becker dbecker at cpicorp.com
Fri Apr 2 17:57:38 EDT 2010

On 04/02/2010 11:41 AM, Dan White wrote:

> --enable-plain is default.
>
> What about ldd on your pluginviewer, and /usr/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2,
> anything missing?
>
> Try strace (or the Solaris equivalent) to see why pluginviewer is
> segfaulting.

Aha! I knew it was something dumb/simple. Although sasl2 was compiled
and installed under /usr/local, it was still searching for things under
/usr/lib/sasl2. Here's the relevant calls from truss (Solaris strace equiv):

openat(-3041965, "/usr/lib/sasl2", O_RDONLY|O_NDELAY|O_LARGEFILE) Err#2
ENOENT

I set a symlink (as it says to in the install.html file, don't know how
I missed that...) from /usr/local/lib/sasl2 to /usr/lib/sasl2 and now
it's all working:

bash-3.00# /usr/local/sbin/pluginviewer
Installed SASL (server side) mechanisms are:
LOGIN ANONYMOUS PLAIN GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 EXTERNAL

If I may make a suggestion, it would be nice if "make install" performed
the symlink, or at least printed out a very visible message to that
effect. I suspect I'm not the first person to run into this.

Thanks!

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer, Security Architect
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-7711 x6455
Fax:   314-613-6724
dbecker at cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: E4C4 26C0 8588 E80A C29F  636D 1FBE 0FE3 2871 4AE8