Implement Cyrus IMAPD in High Load Enviromment

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 29 12:24:21 EDT 2009

Bron Gondwana wrote:

> It's an interesting one.  For real reliability, I want to
> have multiple replication target supported cleanly.

So the issues for me with Cyrus replication:

1) Is it working?  Is the replica actually up to date
and more importantly what if I switch to it and there
is some corruption in it that becomes apparent?
2) It's ANOTHER  backup scheme to understand & maintain

Yes I like the idea of replication.  However I like even
more the idea of being able to do "zpool scrub" on hot
filesystem with mirrors &.   Thus having to
rely a bit less on replica safety net.