Same mailbox with different logins

Evgeniy Arbatov arbatovevgeniy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 05:11:53 EDT 2009

Thank you for your replies! I've decided to go with canon_user plugin.
My next  question is how to use this plugin. I am trying to use LDAP
as authentication backend. What I could find are following imapd.conf
settings:

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: login plain
sasl_auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
sasl_ldapdb_uri: ldap://ldap.example.net/
sasl_ldapdb_canon_attr: mail
sasl_canon_user_plugin: ldapd
imap_sasl_canon_user_plugin: ldapdb
pop3_sasl_canon_user_plugin: ldapdb

Will this give me canonified username -> firstname.lastname at domain? Do
I need to make changes to LDAP for those settings to work?

After I configure this ldapdb plugin  I see in logs:

mail imaps[10161]: canonified earbatov -> earbatov
mail imaps[10161]: badlogin: host [10.10.10.10] plain [SASL(-4): no
mechanism available: desired canon_user plugin ldapdb not found]
mail imaps[10161]: badlogin: host [10.10.10.10] plaintext earbatov
SASL(-4): no mechanism available: desired canon_user plugin ldapdb not
found

I put my complete imapd.conf here http://pastebin.com/m2dbf3951

Evgeniy