Cyrus-imapd 2.3.14 - timsieved - Fedora 11-problem

Georg Stich mail_list at computer-gott.de
Wed Sep 9 04:04:46 EDT 2009

>This error comes from pear Net_Sieve, and indicates that the Connection is
>not in an Authenticated state. In this state you can upload scripts
>for a syntax check, but you can't do much more.
>
>As one of the mails in the ingo Mailinglist indicates, this problem does not
>exist in 2.3.11. The CAPABILITY handling after TLS changed in 2.3.12 and
>caused some clients and libraries not working with cyrus.
>
>You may whant to have a look at the following bugs
>
>http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/6338
>http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14205

Hi!

Thank you.
I added the lines to my Sieve.php (/usr/share/pear/Net/Sieve.php)

Now ingo freezes.
No information in the logs.

>> i did some tests.:
>>
>> # sivtest -v localhost -u cyrus -a cyrus
>> S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.14-Fedora-RPM-2.3.14-1.fc11"
>> S: "SASL" "LOGIN DIGEST-MD5"
>> S: "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
>> imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
>> S: "STARTTLS"
>> S: OK
>> C: AUTHENTICATE "DIGEST-MD5"
>> S: {252}
>
>> C: CAPABILITY
>> S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.14-Fedora-RPM-2.3.14-1.fc11"
>> S: "SASL" "LOGIN DIGEST-MD5"
>> S: "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
>> imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
>> S: OK
>>

>Does the logfiles indecate that the ingo session was authenticated?

Hmm, i found no entries about it, but if i use the wrong password:

# sieveshell -u user at dom.de -a user at dom.de localhost

in the log appear a:
do_auth : auth failure: [user=user at dom.de] [service=sieve] [realm=dom.de] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

so i think the authentication works.

Thanks

Georg

PS: Greetings from Esslingen / Echterdingen