Cyrus-Imapd on Linux-iSCSI

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Sep 8 10:56:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

Quoting Bernd Petrovitsch <bernd at firmix.at>:

> Hi all!
>
> We are running cyrus-imapd with all files (mailboxes, Berkeley-DB,
> mmap()ed files) on an ext3 filesystem (with data=ordered) on a iSCSI
> block device (and the actual storage is on a NetApp box if that matters)
> on a Xeon 3.2GHz CPU (with 4 cores/2 HT thread - ).
> The kernel is 2.6.18-128.el5 (from the RHEL5/CentOS-5 updates).

Don't know if i can help as we have an different setting
cyrus-2.3.14, SLES 10, xfs on iSCSI and Skiplist instead of BDB.

> On a low-(to-now-)volume test cluster, everything runs fine. On the
> high-volume production cluster[0], we experienced a corrupted BDB.
> Googling didn't yield any useful result on the cause (or hint on
> improvement of the configuration).

Which Version of Cyrus did you use? Which DB was Corrupted?
Did this happen only once or on a regulare base?

> Does anyone have experience with such a setup?

With the differences mentioned above, this setups works fine.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen