SYSLOG facility in *.conf ?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Sat Sep 5 22:24:19 EDT 2009

On 9/5/09 8:07 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 10:28:59AM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
>
>> Would it be feasible to enable configuring the syslog facility used by
>> cyrus in the imapd.conf file?
>>
> You can configure it at compile time.
>
> That said, I suspect we'd accept a patch if you wanted to write it.  Just
> nobody can be particularly bothered writing it right now!  We've got other
> fish to fry :)
>
> Bron.

Yes, I know about the compile time switch :-) I just think it would
offer more flexibility if we could modify the syslog facility in the
configuration file - it's a lot of work to recompile the lot, just for
something simple like that. That said, I know there are alternate syslog
servers (rsyslog) that can filter based on regex for which a
syslog_prefix is provided for in the present imapd.conf.

I'm not much of a programmer, but I suspect a patch wouldn't be too
difficult -- but I may be wrong! :-) I'll look.

Thanks, and have fun frying those fish ;-)

Forrest