Question regarding ctl_mboxlist -u

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Fri Sep 4 08:06:43 EDT 2009

Cyrus 2.2.14

I have a user that I can not delete:

[root at student2 cyrus]# /home/cyrus/deluser.pl cyrust
Login: No Errors
User ACL:  OK Completed
IMAP::Admin [ delete ]: couldn't delete user.cyrust : * BYE Fatal error:
Internal error: assertion failed: cyrusdb_skiplist.c: 758: db->is_open

So I plan on fixing this by dumping and then importing mailboxes.db
using something like the following. My question is will this be
sufficient? I wouldn't have to run any reconstructs afterwards would I?

service cyrus stop
/usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d > /home/cyrus/mailboxes.txt
grep -v 'user.cyrust' /home/cyrus/mailboxes.txt >
/home/cyrus/mailboxes-new.txt
cat /home/cyrus/mailboxes-new.txt|/usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u
service cyrus start