cyradm > lm returns empty list but mailboxes are accessible via

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Oct 30 18:07:36 EDT 2009

On 30/10/09 23:20 +0800, John Mok wrote:
> I checked the /var/log/auth.log, and found the following error when
> cyradm>lm returned a empty list :-
>
> Oct 29 08:36:13 imapsv01 perl: encoded packet size too big (4156 > 4096)
>
> Does it remind you how to solve the problem?

Yes. See:

http://markmail.org/message/qvgd6gspvpx2cije

I believe this problem went away when I changed or upgraded my Heimdal
libraries (and recompiled sasl). I'm currently using Heimdal 1.1 libraries.
I believe I had this problem on the older 0.7.x libraries.

The problem appears to be that the client is advertising a max out buffer
of 4096, but is sending a packet of data larger than that (incorrectly).
It's probably due to a problem between cyrus sasl and which ever kerberos
library you're using.

OpenLDAP client utilities provide a -O to specify security-options (e.g. -O
maxbufsize=4096), but I don't know of a way to do that with cyrus clients
without recompiling the defaults in sasl.

--
Dan White