Strange reconstruct problem with version migration

Tim Champ champ at umbc.edu
Mon Oct 12 14:39:26 EDT 2009

>> The access to the mailbox, etc, all seems to work fine, except that any
>> mail that was previously deleted and not removed via cyr_expire (we do
>> delayed delete) returns to the mailbox.  This concerns us as we're not
>> sure why it wouldn't understand the expunge files.
>>

> reconstruct has a new option -k, to keep delayed delete mails.

I saw this, but in this case its not that reconstruct is deleting the
"delayed delete" mails, its that its deleting the cyrus.expunge file
(saying it has a bad header).

Once you do that, all the deleted mail shows back up in the mailbox
again.  I'm fine with deleting the "delayed delete" mails, its the
return of the deleted mail to the mailbox that causes us the consternation.

Thanks!
Tim