No e-mail notification with sieve, Thunderbird and Cyrus-imap

Clement Hermann (nodens) nodens2099 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 06:34:17 EDT 2009

Ludovic Gasc a écrit :
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Pascal Gienger
> <Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
>> Ludovic Gasc schrieb:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> We're using Cyrus-imap during some time, it's a good tool for us.
>>>
>>> We've a strange behaviour (bug)? with sieve, Thunderbird and Cyrus-imap.
>>> I want to listen your opinions, because I'm not sure to understand
>>> correctly the problem.
>>>
>>> We use some sieve scripts to filter the e-mails in the sub-folders of INBOX.
>> I never had this problem. Be sure to mark every subfolder you need with "Check for new messages" (right click on the folder you want to be checked, then click on "Properties").
>>
>> Thunderbird opens a new IMAP connection for each folder. For each folder marked with "Check for new message" ("Auf neue Nachrichten überprüfen" in my case, I have a german localized Thunderbird) it will issue an "IDLE" command (easily traceable).
>
> Yes, I've marked each folder with "Check for new messages".
>
> What is your version of Cyrus ? The compile options or the package you've used ?
>
> I use cyrus-imapd 2.2.13 on Debian Lenny:
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/cyrus-imapd-2.2
>
> I'm very interested by your feedback.

We use Debian Lenny's cyrus-imapd as well, and don't have this problem
either (using idled).

We recompiled the package to build ptloader, but I don't think this has
any incidence.

Regards,

--
Clement Hermann (nodens)
- "L'air pur ? c'est pas en RL, ça ? c'est pas hors charte ?"

Vous trouverez ma clef publique sur le serveur public pgp.mit.edu.
Please find my public key on the public keyserver pgp.mit.edu.