configuration option for db-files in a different path than mailboxes?

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Nov 20 07:07:52 EST 2009

Hi,

Ingo Steuwer schrieb:

> I'm in building a test-environment where I'd like to setup my cyrus mail spoll
> (/var/spool/cyrus/mail) on a NFS filesystem. I know that locking issues in
> NFSv3 prevent a clean mail delivery with cyrus and want to give NFSv4 a try.
>
> My suspect from older tests was, that the handling of cyrus.index and
> other "database"-files (cyrus.cache, cyrus.header, cyrus.squat) isn't
> possible on NFSv3. Beside changing the NFS version, I thougt of an option
> where those files are stored on a different (non-NFS) partition.
>
> Does anybody know about a way to configure the path of those files? Or are
> there ways to move them after creation?
check for metapartion in your imapd.conf man page:

metapartition_files: <empty string>
     Space-separated list of metadata files to be stored on a
     metapartition rather than in the mailbox directory on a spool
     partition.
     Allowed values: header, index, cache, expunge, squat
metapartition-name: <none>
     The pathname of the metadata partition name, corresponding to spool
partition partition-name. For any mailbox residing in a directory on
partition-name, the metadata files listed in metapartition_files will be
stored in a corresponding directory on metapartition-name. Note that not
every partition-name option is required to have a corresponding
metapartition-name option, so that you can selectively choose which
spool partitions will have separate metadata partitions.

Marc