ANNOTATEMORE => METADATA and rfc 5464

Gerd v. Egidy lists at egidy.de
Wed Nov 18 07:21:07 EST 2009

Hi Bron,

thanks for looking into the annotation/metadata stuff.

> So I'm thinking: create a new metadata.db, require a conversion on upgrade
> from annotations.db.  I had a look, and none of our servers had ANY
> annotations until I added a /comment to my INBOX for testing.

Just to be sure: do you plan to change the current annotatemore-code so that
it will access the new database and an old client still using annotatemore
will still work?

> Does anybody out there use annotations much?  Does anybody know any code
> that would be broken by changing the way annotations are done?

Given that there is code to convert the old annotations.db to metadata.db I
don't see any problems for us. Our backup code will probably need some
tweaking, but when the new db format is more sane than the current mess I
don't see any problems with that.

Kind regards,

Gerd

--
Address (better: trap) for people I really don't want to get mail from:
jonas at cactusamerica.com