Exec'ing a script from Cyrus when imapd has a client

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Fri Nov 13 15:07:00 EST 2009

At Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:20:19 -0800 (PST), David Lang <david.lang at digitalinsight.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: Exec'ing a script from Cyrus when imapd has a client

> you have focused on the fact that he wants to use fetchmail as the transport
> between the full-time internet and his intermittently connected network and are
> telling everyone that he absolutly, under no conditions should try to do what
> he's attempting.

Actually I've said that anyone trying to do this is failing to
understand, or even define, the problem they're prematurely throwing
half-baked solutions at.

> most of the rest of us see situations where the basic approach he's doing could
> be the best possible approach.

I believe those of you who are trying to defend the OP's scheme are also
failing to understand and even define the actual problem at hand.

In fact nobody has come up with a solid real-world scenario where there
isn't a much simpler and more obvious solution available, one that can
only be seen by stepping back and looking at the actual requirements
from a higher level.

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                VE3TCP          RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>