avelsieve problem switching mail servers

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Wed Nov 4 18:13:11 EST 2009

Simon Matter wrote:

>>> Which Versions of cyrus do you have installed on the new
>>> and the old mailserver? And does Avelsieve use Net_Sieve?
>>> If yes which version of Net_Sieve do you have installed.
>>>
>> old
>>    cyrus-admin-2.2                   2.2.13-13
>>    avelsieve                         1.9.7-2
>> new
>>    cyrus-admin-2.2                     2.2.13-14+lenny3
>>    avelsieve                           1.9.7-6+lenny1
>>
>> avelsieve does not appear to use Net_Sieve.
>
> Which version of PHP do you have on old and new?
>
> Simon

Well, this is interesting.

old:
montoya:~# dpkg -l |grep php
ii  libapache-mod-php4                6:4.4.4-9+lenny1
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
ii  libapache2-mod-php5               5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
ii  libphp-phpmailer                  1.73-6                     full
featured email transfer class for PHP
ii  libphp-snoopy                     1.2.4-1                    Snoopy
is a PHP class that simulates a web b
ii  php4-common                       6:4.4.4-9+lenny1           Common
files for packages built from the php
ii  php4-ldap                         6:4.4.4-9+lenny1           LDAP
module for php4
ii  php5                              5.2.4-2
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
ii  php5-common                       5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2      Common
files for packages built from the php
ii  php5-gd                           5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2      GD
module for php5
ii  php5-ldap                         5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2      LDAP
module for php5
ii  php5-mysql                        5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2      MySQL
module for php5

new:
ella:~# dpkg -l |grep php
ii  libapache2-mod-php5                 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny3
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (Apache 2 module
ii  php5-common                         5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny3
Common files for packages built from the php5 source
ii  php5-ldap                           5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny3      LDAP
module for php5

I'm not sure how to figure out which php packages avelsieve was actually
using. There is no executable to check libraries, and there is not a
version of php listed in dependencies for the package.

thanks,
maria