2.3.14: posting to shared mailbox results in 550 Permission denied

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu May 28 09:53:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:23:13PM +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> Hi Bron,
>
> I tried to find out more but with no success. Here is what works and what
> not:
>
> x86_64 works OK:
> localhost.localdomain> lam system
> group:leitung lrswipkte
> simat lrswipcda
> gamat lrswipcda
> anonymous p
>
> i386 does NOT work:
> localhost.localdomain> lam system
> anonymous p
> anyone lrs
>
> i386 works OK:
> localhost.localdomain> lam system
> anyone lrsp

Ooh.  The difference being that the 'p' is on anyone.

Looks like maybe LMTP isn't being considered "anonymous" on
the middle host.  Would fit with it looking like it thinks
it's dealing with user "system" in your original error message.

I'm suspecting the target address is being parsed differently
somehow between the two releases.

Bron.