Sieve: Vacation not working

Garry garry at glendown.de
Wed May 27 13:32:30 EDT 2009

Carsten Hoeger wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, Garry wrote:
>

>>> Also, the logfile created by this line:
>>> [..]
>>> doesn't show up right away either ...
>>>

>> Actually, I just noticed that timsieved of course isn't even the process
>> responsible for doing any filtering, but only for doing the back-end
>> script stuff ... so I added the "-D" to the lmtpd line, which I _assume_
>> (please correct me if I'm wrong) is the process that actually should be
>> doing the sieve checking and processing ... anyway, there was no sign
>> that lmtpd attempted to do any sendmail interaction ...
>>

> AFAIR the Mail headers must contain the addresses you specified in the
> vacation rules. Did you check that?

Yes ...
> Also keep in mind, that vacation mail is not sent, when sender and recipient
> are the same.

No, tried sending from a multitude of different places, like GMX and
GMail, my own servers, etc ...

Can someone please clarify what process' job it is to generate the mail
by calling sendmail? Is it lmtpd which I assumed? I really need to stop
wasting time on looking at the wrong places and got to move on to more
important work ...

Tnx, -garry