Problem migrating acls.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Fri May 15 07:15:26 EDT 2009

Working on migrating our debian sarge cyrus mail to kolab 2.2.1.
That would be  cyrus 2.1.18  to cyrus 2.3.13.
The problem is in the old cyrus users are specified as userid the new is
userid at domain.

I'll summarize  what I have done.
With new cyrus stopped.
I copied the mail spool over to the correct spot with correct permissions.
Did ctl_mboxlist -d on old server.
edited  with
awk 'BEGIN { FS = "\t" } ;{print "advocap.org!" $1 "\t" $2 "\t"
$3"@advocap.org" "\t" $4   }' /tmp/mboxlist.txt > /tmp/newmbox.txt

Sample from old dump mboxlist.txt
user.test       default test    lrswipcda       mailadm lrswipcda
user.test.Drafts        default test    lrswipcda       mailadm lrswipcda
user.test.Sent  default test    lrswipcda       mailadm lrswipcda
user.test.Trash default test    lrswipcda       mailadm lrswipcda

Sample from New newmbox.txt:
advocap.org!user.test   default test at advocap.org        lrswipcda
advocap.org!user.test.Drafts    default test at advocap.org        lrswipcda
advocap.org!user.test.Sent      default test at advocap.org        lrswipcda
advocap.org!user.test.Trash     default test at advocap.org        lrswipcda

loaded with ctl_mboxlist -u on the new server

Did cyrreconstruct and it finds all the new mail boxes.

start cyrus

in cyradm
lm user/test at advocap.org
user/test at advocap.org (\HasChildren)
lam user/test at advocap.org
.....Nothing...

If I add with sam it's ok.

Did a  test and it appears that the acls are defined in the cyrus.header
files.

For example:
Cyrus mailbox header
"The best thing about this system was that it had lots of goals."
       --Jim Morris on Andrew
advocap.org!user.test   1513ee1e4424dbbc
Junk
test at advocap.org        lrswipcda       mailadm lrswipcda

I edited the last line and then ran cyrreconstruct.
Now acl is OK.

Is this how to do it?
Is there a better way?
Is the mbox dump and upload really needed?

Thanks

John