Sieve international charachters

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Mon May 11 04:16:34 EDT 2009

Thx a lot,
how do I check or set the script encoding?
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com
Da: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
A: Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon at sonicle.com>
Cc: Andrea Garau <andrea.garau at radioreti.it>
Data: 9 maggio 2009 5.22.48 CEST
Oggetto: Re: Sieve international charachters
Hi
> does sieve filtering accepts international characters (e.g. à,è and so
> on)?
sieve doesn't decode MIME 1522 encoded headers, making it basically
impossible to match on subjects/from address with these characters.
However, as I'm sure Bron would love to point out, checkout the charset
patches here, that should fix that:
http://cyrus.brong.fastmail.fm/
> Until now I could never input an automatic response containing
> such characters. But users are a bit disappointed to use apostrophe
> instead of their normal chars. Is there any way to encode such chars
> inside sieve scripting? Thx for any help.
I believe this should work, but the sieve script needs to be in utf-8.
Rob
robm at fastmail.fm
Sign up at http://fastmail.fm for fast, ad free, IMAP accessible email