Sieve international charachters

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat May 9 07:49:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 03:32:47PM +0200, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hello,
> does sieve filtering accepts international characters (e.g. ?,? and so on)?
> Until now I could never input an automatic response containing such characters.
> But users are a bit disappointed to use apostrophe instead of their normal chars.
> Is there any way to encode such chars inside sieve scripting?
> Thx for any help.

YES!  Except I haven't pushed it into upstream Cyrus yet...

http://github.com/brong/cyrus-sieve/tree/57b26fc75fe1748e54c8f6d51c16e8d8f8ee10bf

It needs a bunch of changes from my cyrus-imapd tree as well
to provide the UTF8 decoding functionality.

I'm hoping to get it all polished up and ready for the next
Cyrus release.  It's a pretty intrusive set of changes, but
it's been running happily for over a month here at FastMail
now.

Bron.