finding by message id

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Tue May 5 09:45:36 EDT 2009

Hello,
I've got a message logged by posfix with a specific message id, and stated as correctly sent to cyrus.
But the user of the imap mailbox is sure that he never received that message.
No filter is setup to move the message elsewhere, and no error is visible anywhere.
So, I've got the message id from the postfix log.
I know that cyrus checks for duplicate ids, so he's got quick knoweledge of every id in the imap folders.
How can I ask cyrus for an ID and see if it actually exists somewhere? And how to find it without
having to scan all imap folders?
Thanx for any help.
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com