autocreatequota

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Mar 23 09:31:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

I read in "The book of IMAP" the following about the autocreatequota
option in imapd.conf:
-----
If you enter a value other than 0, Cyrus will automatically create
mailboxes for new users when they first log in, and then limit de memory
available to these mailboxes to the quota value you specify here.
(...)
-----

I have tried that, but no mailbox was autocreated ;-(

In de man-page of imapd.conf I see the following:
-----
autocreatequota: 0
If nonzero, normal users may create their own IMAP accounts by creating
 the mailbox INBOX.  The user's quota is set to the value if it is
positive, otherwise the user has unlimited quota.
------

Does autocreation of mailboxes only work with the autocreate-patch?
I am using Cyrus 2.2.13.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--