Delayed delete, restoring deleted mailboxes

Leena Heino Leena.Heino at uta.fi
Tue Mar 17 09:06:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 13:26 +0200, Leena Heino wrote:
>> What is the recommended process to restore deleted messages or mailboxes
>> when delayed delete is in use?
>
> Use the unexpunge command;  the man page isn't bad, and I have examples
> and some notes in the Cyrus chapter of WMOGAG
> <http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>.

The unexpunge command was the first thing I tried and I read it's man
page. But what puzzles me is that it seems that the deleted mailboxes
are not shown in unexpunge commands output.

The mailbox meta files and mailbox's messages are shown in the spool dir
under the DELETED prefix eg. in the directory:
/cyrus_spool/u/DELETED/user/foo/sent-mail/HEXSTRING/

What is the correct procedure the restore this mailbox so that user is
able see the messages and access it once again.

--
   Leena Heino              University of Tampere / Computer Centre
   ( liinu at uta.fi )      ( http://www.uta.fi/laitokset/tkk )