Calling all regressions

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Tue Mar 10 13:33:00 EDT 2009

On 10 Mar 2009, at 08:51, Michael Menge wrote:
> Quoting Adam Tauno Williams <adam at morrison-ind.com>:
>> Documentation is pretty miserable;  best source for changes is either
>> <http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/changes.html> or to read the CVS
>> commit maillist <http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-cvs/>
>> [or
>> subscribe to it cyrus-cvs-subscribe at lists.andrew.cmu.edu ]

I'd probably say the "documentation" was miserable if all I could
find was a web page that hadn't been updated since 2.3.1, too.  A
more nuanced bash might be that the web site is miserably out of
date.  In fact, changes.html from the distribution is current for
each release.  Of course, contributions to improve the miserable
documentation are always welcome.

> I think i should rephrase my question.
>
> Is there a way for cyrus to know that it was updated
> since the last time it did run, so it can do the things
> suggested by Bron.

Perhaps we should add a config option with no default whose value
must be the version of the software you're running.

:wes