Calling all regressions

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Mar 10 08:38:21 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 12:07 +0100, Michael Menge wrote:
> Quoting Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm>:
> > Is there any good reason for a site to continue running 2.2 or even 2.1?
> Some Enterprise Distibutions still use 2.2.x as they maintain the
> same version for a very long time. E.g. Suse (SLES 10) uses Cyrus 2.2.12.
> These Distrutions patch the software with own patches and backports,
> but I don't know if SuSE backported changes from 2.3.x
> > If there is - I want to know it, and I want to fix it, so we don't
> > have to think about maintaining the old Cyrus.  There aren't enough
> > of us working on Cyrus to split the effort!
> > Now - also of interest is the cost of having to change
> > configurations when upgrading.  2.3.x is NOT a direct dropin for
> > 2.[12].x because some defaults have changed.  That's annoying.  I
> > don't know any good solution other than refusing to start or
> > complaining very loudly if those keys are NOT present in the config
> > file.  I would make the error spit out:
> Is there a way to know if cyrus was updated?

Documentation is pretty miserable;  best source for changes is either
<http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/changes.html> or to read the CVS
commit maillist <http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-cvs/> [or
subscribe to it cyrus-cvs-subscribe at lists.andrew.cmu.edu ]
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupware & Cyrus IMAPd documentation:
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>