mailbox directory

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Mar 4 09:39:34 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 22:26 -0500, Tanis Patrick wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
> I mean the folder that contains the user mailboxes. This folder grows
> exponentially as soon as i upgrade to the last version. Can you tell me more
> about SQUAT and delayed expunged?

See WMOGAG
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>

For SQUAT, which is a full-text index of messages to enabled faster
searching, see page 122

For delayed expunge, which keeps messages in the store even after the
user expunges them, see page 124

Either of these can cause the mailstore to seem to grow unnaturally.

And please keep messages on the list;  reply to the list, not to the
sender.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>