Registry activity log

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Jun 30 09:29:26 EDT 2009

Ana Ribas Roca wrote:
> I'd like knowing if I can obtain more log information, than the
> habitual in cyrus, about the imap accesses.
> I need to register all the activity of every mailbox (deleted
> messages, folders creation ...)
> Is it possible? How?
>
> I've changed the syslog configuration file, adding local6.info and
> local6.debug, but i haven't seen any difference in the log file.
> Can someone help me, please?
>
> Thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Ana,

Since mailbox/folder administration is usually performed over IMAP, you
can enable telemetry logging to capture that information. see
'doc/overview.html' within the cyrus-imapd source for documentation. e.g.:

mkdir /var/lib/cyrus/log/cyrus    (for the cyrus user)
chown cyrus:mail /var/lib/cyrus/log/cyrus

mkdir /var/lib/cyrus/log/dwhite   (for user dwhite)
chown cyrus:mail /var/lib/cyrus/log/dwhite

Also, you may want to add this to imapd.conf:
sasl_log_level: 7

- Dan