deliver fails when -q option used

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 25 17:05:13 EDT 2009

I am moving our cyrus mail server from a CentOS4 to CentOS5 box. This means a
cyrus upgrade from 2.2.12 to 2.3.7

We have sendmail use procmail for local mail delivery which in turn delivers
to cyrus IMAP via the deliver command.  Specifically we have the lines in
procmailrc of:

# If this fails, it tries without the extension
:0w
* ? test -n "$EXTENSION"
| $DELIVERMAIL -a $USER -m $EXTENSION -q $USER

# If this fails, it returns error!
:0w
| $DELIVERMAIL -a $USER -q $USER

:0:
/var/mail/lost.$USER

where DELIVERMAIL points to a script that is simply the two lines

read junkfrom
exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver "$@"

to get rid of the initial From line that deliver hates.  This has worked fine
on CentOS4.  But on the CentOS5 box delivery always fails with a line like:

Jun 25 16:46:31 tmp2 lmtpunix[30842]: sieve runtime error for raines id
<Pine.LNX.4.60.0507012025180.14699 at www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>: Keep: Over quota

The mailbox is definitely not over quota and the -q option is supposed
to force delivery even if it is.  Delivery works if I remove the -q
option.

Any ideas why I get this error?

Paul Raines                email: raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA