lmtp delivery if over quota

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Jun 24 13:27:29 EDT 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Citeren Rudy Gevaert <rudy.gevaert at ugent.be>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if it is possible to deliver an email to a mailbox
>> even when the mailbox is over quota.
>>
>> We sometimes have users emailing us 'we are over quota', but we can't
>> reply because they are over quota :).  We then temporary increase the
>> quota till the users cleans up his mailbox.
>>
>> However it would be easy to still deliver email in certain cases.
>>
>> Any ideas?

We kinda bruteforce it here:

   open(OUT, "| ssh root\@$location /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -q
        -r osuhelpdesk\@oregonstate.edu $username");

(where $location is the backend holding $username's mailbox)

Then we pipe in our prepared overquota warning message to it.

> And now I see that lmtp has an IGNOREQUOTA extension! :)

Is anyone using this?  I don't have a script which speaks LMTP, so some
example code would be useful.

 	Andy