procmail, deliver and failure (65)

Matteo Corti matteo at corti.li
Fri Jun 12 06:04:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I use procmail to filter emails tagged by spamassassin and use deliver
to put them in the mailbox as follows:

:0 w
| /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -a $USER -m user.$USER

after a recent update I am getting an exit code 65 from deliver which,
if I am not wrong, means a wrong formatting.

Following several suggestions I removed the From header from the email:

:0f
| formail -I "From "
:0 w
| /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -a $USER -m user.$USER

but I always get the same error.

I then saved emails to see what the problem could be.

:0f
| formail -I "From "
:0 c
| cat > /tmp/backup
:0 w
| /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -a $USER -m user.$USER

This is what I get:

$ cat /tmp/backup