lmtp delivery rewriting issue.

Gary Smith Gary at primeexalia.com
Thu Jul 30 21:43:30 EDT 2009

Stuff is AFU after server migration.  Email can be delivered to accounts that existing on domain1.com prior to the migration.  I created a new domain, domain2, and issued the standard cm user/gary at domain2.com.

I verified that the domain exist in both the mydestinations and virtual_users sql database results.

When an email comes to gary at domain2.com, the lmtp command errors our while trying to rewrite the email address to root at thelocalmachine.

Below is the maillog lmtp command failure, where you can see that it's trying to pass the incorrect user/domain.  There is nothing above these lines beyond the connection and the accepting email from.  What I need to know is if this is a cyrus issue re-writing or postfix.  When I try using domain1.tld, everything works fine.  Again, I've verified that the domains come back with postmap -d for both mydestinations and virtual_users.  They are the same for the two different domains.

In the postfix list group, I failed to mention that I can access both accounts from telnet to pop3 just fine.

Jul 30 19:56:05 hostname lmtpunix[9371]: accepted connection
Jul 30 19:56:05 hostname lmtpunix[9371]: lmtp connection preauth'd as postman
Jul 30 19:56:05 hostname lmtpunix[9371]: verify_user(hostname.local!user.root) failed: Mailbox does not exist Jul 30 19:56:05 hostname master[9398]: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/lmtpd
Jul 30 19:56:05 hostname lmtpunix[9398]: executed

postconf -n
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
html_directory = no
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtpunix
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/mydestinations.mysql
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.4.6/README_FILES
relayhost = 10.x.x.x:9383
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/holdstead.crt smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/holdstead.pem smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1 smtpd_tls_received_header = yes smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s smtpd_use_tls = yes tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550 virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual-users.mysql
virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtpunix

/etc/imapd.conf
unixhierarchysep: yes
virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: localdomain