Use a different Host to store Imap Data on

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Wed Jul 22 12:00:55 EDT 2009

Hello Everybody

a little bit about my situation. I currently use a Kolab Server and my ISPs
Mailserver. Since my ISPs Mailserver has a nearly 100% Uptime, a lot of
Storage Space and Automated Backup. I want to use it as storage space for the
kolab's imap data.

The problem is that I only have access to my ISPs Server via Imap. So my
question is:

Is it possible to tell cyrus to store the mail not on the local machine but on
my ISPs Imap account.

I saw that it's possible to introduce a new partition to cyrus in the
imapd.conf and than tell the process to use this as new storage location for
certain users via "renamemailbox user.foobar.mail user.foobar.mail
newpartition".

You now know what I am looking for and I am open for other ideas.

Regards Alexander