Architectural mistake in cyrus ?

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Thu Jul 16 13:08:32 EDT 2009

Hello Andrew,

Andrew Morgan a écrit :
>> I already asked this question as an help request here some time ago, but
>> noone was able to solve this "bug" in cyrus, and I think this issue
>> should be addressed :
>>
>> 1] Problem :
>> How to set quota for a user being in another domain than the "main"
>> domain ??
>>
>> 2] More precisely :
>> How to access "other" (virtual) domains in cyradm :
>>
>>>   su - cyrus
>>>   cyradm --user cyrus localhost
>>>   lm
>>
>> Here I see all mailboxes from our main domain, for example :
>>
>>> user.dbucherml.ML (\HasChildren)
>>> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs (\HasChildren)
>>> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs.Acer (\HasNoChildren)
>>> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs.Microsoft (\HasChildren)
>>> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs.Microsoft.MSPRP (\HasNoChildren)
>>
>> But as you can see I don't have any "@hsolutions.ch" or "@anything.else"
>>
>> 3] Global admin :
>> Some people said my cyrus user is maybe not a global admin, but noone
>> was able to help me make it global.
>> I mean, some people and some web page gave me some techniques to make it
>> global, but none worked.
>
> What are your current settings in imapd.conf for:
>
> servername:
> admins:
> defaultdomain:
> sasl_pwcheck_method:
> virtdomains:

servername: <hostname>.<MY MAIN DOMAIN> (replaced with real values)
admins: cyrus cyrus@<MY MAIN DOMAIN>
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
virtdomains: on
hashimapspool: true

=> I don't have any defaultdomain: but I already tried with main domain,
or with alternative domain, it never solved the problem...

=> authentification is based on LDAP

Denis