Architectural mistake in cyrus ?

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Thu Jul 16 12:45:50 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I already asked this question as an help request here some time ago, but
noone was able to solve this "bug" in cyrus, and I think this issue
should be addressed :

1] Problem :
How to set quota for a user being in another domain than the "main"
domain ??

2] More precisely :
How to access "other" (virtual) domains in cyradm :

>   su - cyrus
>   cyradm --user cyrus localhost
>   lm

Here I see all mailboxes from our main domain, for example :

> user.dbucherml.ML (\HasChildren)
> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs (\HasChildren)
> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs.Acer (\HasNoChildren)
> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs.Microsoft (\HasChildren)
> user.dbucherml.ML.Fournisseurs.Microsoft.MSPRP (\HasNoChildren)

But as you can see I don't have any "@hsolutions.ch" or "@anything.else"

3] Global admin :
Some people said my cyrus user is maybe not a global admin, but noone
was able to help me make it global.
I mean, some people and some web page gave me some techniques to make it
global, but none worked.

4] Cyrus contains mailboxes that are not accessible from cyradm :
Therefore, there is really a huge problem in cyrus, we have mailboxes
that we can't access !

For example we have user dbucherml at mydomain3.com, with path :
/var/spool/imap/domain/m/mydomain3.com/d/user/dbucherml/

This user cannot be accessed in cyradm !

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I found a "quick and dirty"
solution which was to modify some internal cyrus database file, which is
highly a temporary and dirty "solution"...

Denis