upgrading a 2.2.12 murder to 2.3.14

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jul 16 09:45:08 EDT 2009

Quoting Gavin Gray <gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk>:

> Assuming we do do the migration first, how would you suggest we
> subsequently enable replication? Can we just start the sync_client
> doing rolling replication, or should we do an initial replication of
> all users by running sync_client manually with a list of users?

Hi,

You need both rolling replication and one replication of all users.
The rolling replication will only sync what has changed. So if a user
recieves new mail, rolling replication will sync the mailbox, but not
the sieve scripts or the subscribtion list. It does not matter if you do
the sync of all users befor running rolling replication or while
running rolling replication.

While the initial replication is not complete the synclog may grow,
but cyrus will catch up.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen