Lockers keeps going higher...

Derek Chen-Becker dbecker at cpicorp.com
Wed Jul 15 17:23:12 EDT 2009

Simon Matter wrote:
> I'm quite sure in your case the problem is with duplicate_db (deliver.db).
> Otherwise you wouldn't see those locker errors because they are not coming
> from skiplist. So I suggest to convert deliver.db the same way to
> skiplist.

This thread seems to indicate that using skiplist for deliver.db isn't
optimal:

http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2005-September/019694.html

My question would be, if I can only ever have 10 concurrent lmtpd
processes running (based on my postfix config), how can I possibly have
1600+ lockers on the database? Is there some code path that isn't
releasing the lock on deliver.db?

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer, Security Architect
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-7711 x6455
Fax:   314-613-6724
dbecker at cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: E4C4 26C0 8588 E80A C29F  636D 1FBE 0FE3 2871 4AE8