DBERROR with Cyrus 2.2.12

Christophe Boyanique tof at raceme.org
Wed Jul 8 05:47:57 EDT 2009

Hello Michael Menge, you wrote:

> Did you have a look at the mailboxes_dmp.txt file? Maybe it is corrupt?
> I would search for user.foobar

At first (quick) sight the file seemed to be correct. Here is an extract
of a box which had the problem (I added the blank lines and replaced
tabs by spaces):

--- cut ---
user.catherine^cudorge default catherine.cudorge lrswipcda

user.catherine^cudorge.&AMk-l&AOk-ments envoy&AOk-s default
catherine.cudorge lrswipcda cyrus lrswipcda catherine^cudorge lrswipcda

user.catherine^cudorge.Brouillons default catherine.cudorge lrswipcda
    cyrus lrswipcda

user.catherine^cudorge.Courriers non d&AOk-sir&AOk-s default
catherine.cudorge lrs cyrus lrs

user.catherine^cudorge.Courriers non d&AOk-sir&AOk-s.A recevoir default
catherine.cudorge lrswipcd cyrus lrswipcd

user.catherine^cudorge.Courriers non d&AOk-sir&AOk-s.A rejeter default
catherine.cudorge lrswipcd cyrus lrswipcd

user.catherine^cudorge.Courriers non d&AOk-sir&AOk-s.D&AOk-tection
automatique default catherine.cudorge lrswipcd cyrus lrs

user.catherine^cudorge.El&AOk-ments envoy&AOk-s default
catherine.cudorge lrswipcda cyrus lrswipcda

user.catherine^cudorge.INBOX default catherine.cudorge lrswipcda cyrus
 lrswipcda

user.catherine^cudorge.Trash default catherine.cudorge lrswipcda cyrus
 lrswipcda

user.catherine^cudorge.archives default catherine.cudorge lrswipcda
cyrus lrswipcda catherine^cudorge lrswipcda
--- cut ---

Except a weird "catherine^cudorge lrswipcd" for two mailboxes in the
acl, entries seems to be normal.

In fact I managaged to solve the problem by removing the quota file in
/var/lib/imap/quota/x/<user>/ and using "quota -f" on the mailboxes.

But I still get repeating error messages like this:

Jul  7 14:58:51 mail7702 lmtpunix[8988]: DBERROR db4: 9 lockers
Jul  7 15:04:24 mail7702 lmtpunix[9249]: DBERROR db4: 11 lockers

Should I be worried by these messages ?

Regards,

Christophe.