Automatically moving marked mails?

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Fri Jul 3 14:09:19 EDT 2009

At Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:00:20 +0100, Ian Eiloart <iane at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:
Subject: Re: Automatically moving marked mails?

> Outlook users here don't like the fact that some of their MUA functionality
> is greyed out.

I suppose that's evidence of part of the problem -- what's greyed out is
(IIUC) actually _not_ "MUA" functionality!

> There's pressure here to move to Exchange because it supports Outlook
> better.

Take away Outlook in effect by giving them better and different open
source and open standards tools and that pressure is sure to go away.

Part of that might best be done by getting rid of the underlying M$
platform on the desktop too of course!

Seriously -- moving desktops from M$ to something else that's free and
easy to run (both administratively and for users) is definitely a
strategy to think about.  Many have already made the move to good
success and the WWW is full of their stories.

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                VE3TCP          RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>      Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>