Doing Cyrus *right* for a large installation

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Jan 20 14:04:41 EST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Btw has anybody migrated a normal setup to a murder setup?
>
> Can it easily be done?  E.g. stop, edit configs, start.  More or less :)

Yeah, it's easy.  We did it here.

Have your frontend(s) and mupdate master machine ready to go.  Then just
switch the config to murder on the backend and restart cyrus.  It should
populate the mupdate master with the mailbox list, and the frontend should
get the mailbox list from the mupdate master (probably need to restart the
frontend).

In our case, the next step was to "rename" mailboxes onto the second
backend server to distribute them around.

 	Andy