murder configuration issue final stretch

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 12:36:17 EST 2009

Hi,

I've got a similar problem. Can I clarify what this solution means, please?

It looks like we need lmtp listening on a TCP/IP socket at the back end, of
course. I've got that.

At the front end I'm delivering into a unix socket, so I have that set up.

But does the solution below suggest that I also need to set up a tcp
listener on the front end? Perhaps that's the process that's doing the
final delivery?

Or is the solution below one line for the front end and one for the back
end?

--On 12 December 2008 09:46:05 -0800 Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Gary W. Smith wrote:
>
>> Andrew,
>>
>> Any idea how this works with the lmtpproxy?  Also, I've tried to setup
>> the lmtp using the local port but for some reason when I restart
>> cyrus-imapd it doesn't who up in netstat.
>>
>> Tried
>> lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=1
>> Tried
>> lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
>> maxchild=20 Current:
>> lmtp          cmd="lmtpproxyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtpunix"
>> prefork=1
>>
>> Do you have any examples of setting it up on a different port and
>> forwarding it onwards to the backend (or I assume that we would forward
>> it to the proxy) using postfix?.
>
> I believe you want:
>
>    lmtp      cmd="lmtpproxyd" listen="2004" prefork=1 maxchild=50
>    lmtpunix  cmd="lmtpproxyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtpunix"
> prefork=1
>
> This should listen on port 2004 (instead of the usual 2003) on all
> interfaces, plus listen on the unix socket you had defined earlier.
>
>  	Andy
> ----

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex