choosing a file system

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Mon Jan 19 01:29:29 EST 2009

>Yeah, except Postfix encodes the inode of the queue files in its queue
>IDs, so it gets very confused if you do this.  Same with restoring
>queues from backups.

You should be able to get away with this if, when moving the queue to
another machine, you move the queued mail from hold, incoming, active and
deferred directories into the maildrop directory on the target instance.

This (somewhat old, but still correct, I think) message from Wietse
might shed more light on it: