Expire (manually) TLS sessions?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 16 06:46:32 EST 2009

Hello Jeff,

--On 16. Januar 2009 06:38:27 -0500 Jeff Blaine <jblaine at kickflop.net>
wrote:

> Maybe we're doing something wrong in the process, but it
> seems that every time we perform offline maintenance
> (upgrade, whatever) on Cyrus IMAPd ... our users complain
> that TLS breaks afterward, but then fixes itself in time.
>
> I've demonstrated this to myself just now with the upgrade
> to 2.3.13 from 2.2.12.  My TLS session is cached but broken
> with the new setup (or for whatever other reason).  That is,
> even after restarting Thunderbird, I get the following:
>
> Jan 16 06:31:50 imapsrv imap[19690]: [ID 239158 local6.notice] STARTTLS
> negotiation failed: bva-172.our.com
>
> Is there a way to zero/flush all TLS cached sessions?  I
> have to imagine there is, but I don't know how.

as before: just delete the tls_sessions files before you start cyrus-imapd.
They will be recreated automatically. You could even make that part of the
initscript, because those session don't survive a restart anyway.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK